Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Port 24, ONTY, and ARNA

Well, Oncothyreon (ONTY) had a nice little run today, so I sold the August $5 calls in the Portfolio 24. All 3000 shares are now covered; 30 AUG $5 contracts sold for $0.60 per share.

I really should be selling Elan calls here, as they also have gone up quite nicely, recently, but I think it will hold $8 and the $9s do not have enough premium yet.

The Port now stands at $134,743, with $2,538 in cash. That gives me an annualized return of 18.1%.

I bought ARNA in both my IRA and my brokerage accounts today; the low $3s are a very good entry point. Honestly, the brokerage shares will probably be sold on any kind of bump, but the IRA shares are longer term; the FDA date is 10/22/10 and there should be some appreciation as that date gets closer.

Regards,
Trond

No comments: