Thursday, June 9, 2011

Managing money and Port24 update

First, let's get the Port out of the way: I sold calls against the EXEL position today; 11 Jul $10s for $0.65 per share. Cash is up to $1,096.58, and the overall value to $151,963.58, a 16.9% annualized return, beating the S&P and Nasdaq by 18 and 12% respectively.

The big news in my personal life is that I will be hanging out a shingle to manage money and do financial planning. Getting going will take a couple months in between studying and passing the Series 65 exam, getting registered with the State of California as a Registered Investment Adviser, and starting an LLC.

Besides looking at people's finances and finding ways to improve their moeny situation, I will be offering a couple "funds" - a growth and a growth/income option. More information will be forthcoming! I think I will be using the construction of this business as a blog series, so if interested in the creation of an entrepreneur, please stay tuned! My blog portfolio will stay a fixture, but I'll also use quite a bit of the analysis I'll be using on my company funds to do an even better job managing the Port.

I would ask the readers to please take a moment to hit the 'Post a Comment" link and let me know what it would take to make you call a financial planner, and utilize their services. Thanks!

Regards,
Trond

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon as I have a few bucks free, I'll play. Early 2012 I hope.

-Pete