Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mothballs

I am a little sad as I write this.

The Port24 is hereby mothballed. There are quite a few regulatory requirements when an investment adviser representative (as you probably know, I am now President of Heartstone Capital Management) puts out any kind of stock-picking list. Beyond the disclaimers that you could probably figure out, there are performance and trading considerations.

If I sold any stock in the Port that a client owns, or contra-wise bought a stock that I’d recently chosen to sell in real-life, there are issues. To even mention performance, without bringing up a comparable index, with the associated warnings about commissions, fees, and reinvested dividends, and its performance, brings down the wrath of several agencies.

I’m not saying that it’s gone, just mothballed while I figure out some of these issues. The good news is that I think all the securities within the Port can last a while without any guidance from me. And the best ideas are going to be what I’m investing in, and recommending, at Heartstone.

In the meantime, if you want to hear about a couple stocks a month, as well as get tips for financial planning, you can sign up for my free newsletter at http://eepurl.com/i4VQ1 or go to www.HeartstoneCapital.com and visit Services – Newsletter.

Best regards,
Trond Hildahl


This site is for educational and informational purposes only.
Nothing contained here should be construed by anyone as an invitation or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
This site does not contain personalized legal, tax, investment, or financial advice.
Users of this site should consult with a qualified adviser to obtain advice suited to their personal circumstances.

No comments: