Saturday, July 15, 2023

Neglected but not forgotten

I have brought up this blog innumerable times in the last six years, intending on writing this, or highlighting that, or making fun of the latest tomfoolery I see in the world.

But you know what?

These words have not been the most important thing to me.

We put time and energy into the things that matter, and a blog has not mattered to me. A job change, a pandemic, and family medical issues have mattered.

But the winds of change are blowing.
There have been words written; I have had stories published (*shameless plug* - comment here and I'll reply with a couple links); and it sounds like I'll also be narrating a few stories for podcasts at some point this fall as well!

And for the first time in nearly twenty-five years I find myself interested in the theory of economics and politics again. My degrees are Econ and PoliSci, but my readings are sadly out of date. So some forthcoming posts will be ponderings as I reread and synthesize old sources with new ideas. Some posts will attempt to trace historical concepts into current "post-whatever-isms" constructs. And I will probably continue to make fun of the stupidity I see in the world.

I hope you enjoy the fun with me.

No comments: