Thursday, January 7, 2010

Port 24 update, Dendreon, and GenVec

I neglected to mention yesterday that I bought 1000 shares of Rockwell Medical Technologies (RMTI) at $7.73 in the Port24. I turned and sold February $7.50 calls for $0.85 each.

I wanted to clarify in my end-of-year post that although my annualized rate of return in the Port24 is only 13%, the gross return was about 25% - we've gone from $100,000 to $125K in 19 months. I took the time to see what benchmarks might be like: the S&P in the same time frame had a -10.5% annualized return (including dividends) and the Nasdaq was 8.1%.

GenVec and Dendreon both received an opening nod and a "buy" recommendation from Roth Capital Partners this morning. Further upgrades will probably be coming shortly.

GenVec in particular is nice to see at $1.60+ this morning as it officially constitutes a double from my initial rec back in October ($0.76 was my first buy in my real-world IRA). For the record, I was still buying yesterday at $1.37. With the rise and my further buys, it is now actually my second largest holding (after Dendreon) and at this rate might be the largest in a couple days... :-)

Regards,
Trond

No comments: