Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CLSN news, VHC, and Port24 add (SGMO)

I bought 1600 SGMO for the Port at $6.14 this morning. No calls sold yet... this is the second time Sangamo has appeared in the Port24!

Celsion had their conference call for Q1 last Friday. The primary news is that they are about 37 patients away from full enrollment in the HEAT trial. That should be accomplished by mid July so now we have a pretty much fixed timeframe. I expect a runup to occur anywhere from a few days to a month; unfortunately this may coincide with a general market slump and so the effect may be slightly muted. Nevertheless, this is my best opportunity seen in the next couple months.

While I normally look at biotech, I have to mention VirnetX (VHC). I've held it in my real money accounts since $6.50 last June and it is now $23. While of course I wish I'd highlighted it here earlier, I am more confident in it now; while near term it may certainly go lower (high teens, perhaps?) if you hold through the end of the year I think we may see the $30s or $40s. I may explore this further in a future post, but there is some great info out there on the InvestorVillage.com website for VHC.

Regards,
Trond

No comments: