Sunday, May 22, 2011

May options expiration

There were certainly some surprises this last month in the Port24. I had sold covered calls against CLDX, ONTY, NBIX, DCTH, and MITI.

All expired harmlessly except for ONTY - it has been rising sharply and were exercised a good 25% above my $4 strike. It hurts to lose the extra amount I might have made, except for two things:
1) would I have actually sold at this price, or would I have sold earlier, or waited and had it go down again?
2) I bought these about a year ago with an average price of $3.46, and sold $0.70 cents of premium along the way... so my net return here has been around 35%.

CLDX just did a secondary offering which knocked it down from exercisable range to the present price. I expect it to be nudging $4 again within a couple months.
NBIX has dropped recently but with Phase 3 trials starting late summer, it should be climbing nicely over the next few months.

Celsion (CLSN) enrollment in the HEAT trial continues to be something I look forward to, over the next two months. They should have hit the 190th PFS event easily by this time and so we'll get to know the results of an interim calculation by the end of Q3 at the latest.

The Port has an annualized return of 17.1% with just over three years. That compares nicely to the S&P being flat over the same period and the Nasdaq gain of 7%.

With ONTY being exercised, I have $28,913.35 in cash and the following holdings:

Shares (calls sold)
2600 CLDX (0)
1200 BTX (0)
2000 NBIX (0)
7000 NNVC (0)
1600 DCTH (0)
3600 PZG (0)
9000 CLSN (0)
2000 MITI (0)
800 SGEN (8)
1600 SGMO (0)

No comments: