Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome

Greetings and salutations -- thanks for stopping by.

It's a good time to start a blog. For one thing, I have these things called thoughts. In person, I have to keep that filter between my brain and my mouth constantly active. Finally, using this wonderful medium, I can say things here -- and the sheer act of having to write it down first will keep me a little more on point. That, and I'm out of reach of being slapped.

If you are interested in personal finance, the stock market, or the current state of affairs in America, read on.
There will be many tips and links regarding budgets, finance, and retirement.
I'll be keeping a fictitious stock portfolio with a goal of 24% annual returns -- and I'll post every trade prior to adding it to the portfolio (I'll also pretend it's in a retirement account, preventing tax implications -- but I'll also track commission costs to keep it real).
I'm very worried about our country right now -- a little sunshine on various agencies or people never hurts. Quis custiodet ipsos custodes?

Regards,
Trond

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salve Trond!

You're off to a good start with some Latin in your first entry.

:) tua soror