Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dendreon and the Port24

Pete, selling is ALWAYS the hard thing to call.

One of the best things I think you can do is keep a trading journal, and when you buy something, write down what you expect and why you would sell.

I freely admit I have blinders on when it comes to Dendreon (and Elan). However, I have called DNDN the "safest one year stock" for a reason - within a year I see a fairly easy double. If I went into revenue projections and P/E or P/S ratios I could easily show how Dendreon could be worth $100 in 2 years, or way more than that beyond because of the pipeline. This is a retirement stock - akin to folks who bought Amgen two decades ago. (how's that for a pump!)

I have to say with today's volume and price, there may be news coming this weekend. At this point, if you would LIKE to have some Dendreon in your portfolio, I do not think I would sell.

---

I also want to mention that as of today, the Port 24 has a 34% return, or on an annualized basis, 25%. I have (finally) achieved the 24%+ returns I have been aiming for. In the coming months I will be much more aggressive on the covered calls and NOT simply waiting for price appreciation of the underlying shares.

Regards,
Trond

No comments: